I stumble over quite a lot of interesting articles and some are worth sharing on this site. I plan to do this every 4 weeks (thus “4x7 Review”) and I will include my own posts, some training highlights and some of my nutrition. Enjoy!
As seen on runbikeco.de
- A trip to the U.S. – as seen by my Withings Pulse.
- My race report of the Baltimore Running Festival half-marathon.
Notable past training
After my last race of the season I took two complete weeks off from running. I wasn’t completely inactive, though, but started strength training and stretching again pretty soon. Those are the two areas I want to focus for the next couple of weeks.
As for biking, I managed to go to indoor spinning sessions at the gym three times already in the past three weeks and I plan to continue doing so (at least every other week).
I’m currently building my base with easy runs (mostly Z1/Z2) with a couple of form-drilss. My longest run this week was 8k (26k for the week) and I will slowly build up the mileage, following the good old 10% rule.
I won’t bore you with everything I ate during the past four weeks, but there is always a meal or two that was special.
- Having spent a weekend in Baltimore I had to try some crab cake. It was delicious.
- Also, as we don’t have a Five Guys place in Germany, I took advantage of that as well while staying in Baltimore.
Lastly, a more or less uncommented link-dump of the past 28 days.
- TrainingPeaks looks a the Power Data from Kona
- Chris Horner (winner of the ‘13 Vuelta) publishes his biological UCI passport. Just to have it backfire, when an M.D. looks at it.
- Something coding related: J.B. Rainsberger writes about The Pain of Implicit Dependencies. Well worth the read, especially since it deals with Octopress, the blogging platform I use myself.
With that, have a great four weeks ahead. And remember, you can subscribe to this blog via Atom as well as Feedburner. And if you prefer email instead of RSS, subscribe to my newsletter. Thanks for reading!